What is the process?
An applicant can apply British passport online application that can be submitted to process once the aspiring person has become a British citizen. The passport helps the person to prove their status as a British national after the completion of the registration process or naturalization. As we all know, a passport is a mandatory document that is required to travel from one country to another without any immigration controls. It also acts as an identity proof for acquiring certain benefits and assistance including the right to study, right to work, and right to permanently reside in the country.
How to apply for a British passport online?
Nowadays, almost every assistance and service are accessible online. Similarly, applicants and desired citizens can apply British passport online. Apart from the online medium, there are other ways of submitting a passport application that is listed below:
- Post Office– The local post office in an area serves as a mediator between the passport office where all necessary documents can be submitted along with the application.
- Post- Citizens can also send their application for British passport along with the necessary documents directly to the United Kingdom passport office through a usual post.
- Appointment– In emergency cases, fast track assistance is available to get your application submitted within 24 hours of the inception of the process.
Important information while submitting an application
Passport is a very important document that can prove to be a vital factor in various situations of a person’s life. Hence, a person should be very careful while submitting an application for a British passport. They must follow all necessary guidelines so that the application gets selected and approved for the first time. Some of these are listed below:
- All personal details including Name, address, and other information should be accurate and free from any spelling errors.
- One must write their full name including their middle and last name.
- If one has changed their basic details in recent times, they must make sure that the same is amended in the passport documents as well.
- One should have attained the age of 16 years to be eligible to apply for a British passport.
- A child’s passport is eligible until the child turns 18 years old. After that, a fresh adult passport is required for the person.
Important documents required
An application for a British passport requires British connections and various documents to support the citizenship and legitimacy of the applicant. The applicant is required to submit all these documents with an application fee to the passport authority.
Once the passport application is approved and the applicant receives their passport through the post, the passport authority returns all original documents to the applicant.